Tuesday, January 15, 2008

OLD STANDBYS & NEW PRODUCTS

I am beginning to feel that I have enough time to try cooking some new (for me) recipes. I have been going through all of the cabinets in the pantry and finding aids for cooking that I have never used. I used a FOOD PROCESSOR for the first time yesterday! I know that it is hard to believe that I have never used a food processor but it was always one of those things that I was going to try SOME DAY. I tried a recipe for Tortilla Soup from a cookbook for diabetics. It turned out great - with the addition of a dollop of sour cream and chunks of avocado.

Today I am going to try cooking with a clay pot - SCHLEMMERTOPF. I vaguely remember my mother-in-law baking chicken in it about 30 years ago. I have looked it up online and see that there is still plenty of information out there on using it and lots of recipes. I plan to try baking a chicken today.

I have been busy using REJUVENATE on my tile floors. They were in serious need of some help and the bottle promises to restore and protect them. I decided that I could not do it all at once --- soooooooooo it has taken over a week doing just a small section at a time.
I found the bottle at Home Depot and was carefully reading the directions to see what other items I needed - Pro-Clean Super Cleaner and Clean & Revive Neutral Floor Cleaner along with a Rejuvenate microfiber mop. I wanted to at least know what they recommend to use with the product even if I decided not to use all of the components. Much to my surprise they did not have ANY of the other items. When I asked a salesperson, his comment was, " Oh, you read the back of the bottle? I never even looked at that." I'm not sure but I think I would have thought of something to say like "We are out of those today"!
Anyway my floors are starting to look much better. I used my Scooba on them first with vinegar water solution and then applied the REJUVENATE.

No comments: